What is the relation between Art and selfishness

when you have questions or want us to offer a idea feel free to write it here

What is the relation between Art and selfishness

Postby Vegro Solari » Thu 14. Jun 2012, 02:08

What is the relation between Art and selfishness?

Have you ever thought of what it would be like, to create things not for "us" and "everyone", but for one or two specific people that you know well?

What does naive art have to teach us about sincerity?

If a psychological volcano erupted and everything you did in life became buried under 10tonns of psycho ash, would the archeology team care about who was the author of the artifact they find and extract from the ruin, or about something precious and inwardly hidden in the artifact itself?
Vegro Solari

by Advertising » Thu 14. Jun 2012, 02:08

Advertising

Re: What is the relation between Art and selfishness

Postby Violett Eyre » Fri 15. Jun 2012, 07:29

I do create things for specific people in RL. My passion in the art world is fiber art. I create blankets for people. I like making something striking and original, but tailored to their tastes, that they can wrap themselves in and find comfort. What it's like? It's like prayer and meditation during the creation process. Every thought I have while doing it is centered on the person the project is for and my affection for them.

Naivity is in most art. It's a way to express our illogical or overwhelming emotions to a dramatic degree. You can't do that in society. I can't discuss left over anger or pain without someone telling me that other people have lived through worse. I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that my pain is my own and is the worst *I've* ever felt. So, to me, art is a selfish expression. I get to utilize all that emotion, to feel it, to sort through it; without being reprimanded for it. I get to say what I want, how I want without having to justify it.

So I guess my art is compartmentalized. My digital art is a selfish purging. My fiber art is about showing another how much I think of them. I'm a Libra... everything must balance. ;)

Still considering the volcano question. =) I'll get back to you.
Violett Eyre

Postby schen » Sat 16. Jun 2012, 03:22

for first....
you do everytime all what you do for you.. when you do that not, than you breakdown anytime...

When you do anything for any other person.. you do while you like him/here.. and you do it while it is a nice feeling (for you) to make anything for a person who you like.. so you do it too for you ...

but yes it is nice to do anything for other person..

and art .. what is art?

my own defination about art is when anyone (or a group) do anything and give his/here heart and his/here soul in the doing.. so a to build a toilet can be art too, when the one who build it do it with heart and soul..

art is to do anything and put a part from yourself in the doing... thats all... and we can all be artists.. not have to be good for it...

schen
Administrator

Postby Veg » Sun 17. Jun 2012, 02:13

Is there any chance? Could we make something fibrous, like Vio's blanket, for certain people in SecondLife?

In the last few days I've been thinking about the (mostly ignored) aspect of the miraculous in SL. The 3D world is all fine, but the biggest miracle of all is how it's a machine inside of which total strangers turn into friends, and even lovers.

I don't know how it works. I'm thinking, it's to do with giving people something falsely fascinating to do, which they get to do together. Or is it the shared trauma of fighting Linden bugs? Or what?

Magic is happening, even if most people are looking the other way, toward the vulgar.
Veg

Postby schen » Mon 18. Jun 2012, 00:51

not sure i have got all right :D

but i take a try to give a answere...

first is how work our brain?

for brain it make no different the world what we see is real 3D or virtual 3d... the same mechanic work in it the same feelings came in both....

other.. yes allways when you talk or do anything with people you feel with there good or not... and that is too when have no 3d and only text in virtual foren etc...

BUT what i have realize in Second life.. you got frinds who you never get in RL, while othe rage, look strange or anything, one of my best frind her ein SL i'm sure when i meet here in a RL bar we never go to a talk and we never get frindship, but now in sl without the knowleg how look in rl and how old anyone yyou talk with people without any prejudice....

I like it very and it have give me a other kind of seeing the rl too...

SL is realy great, too when allways must look not to be a junkie... anyway...

other positiv in sl is.. you learn many about comunication, when you write or read it's more intensive and you think ,more about it..
by normal talk you talk often or listen often without realize it .. or is it only me :D ?

and the third positive what i have take from sl to rl.. you learn to explore the world ne.. too in rl.. i have found places and things in my city i have never bevor realize...

i think SL is a paralell world, with good and bad parts, it's the same how in RL and we can learn good things in it and we can go stupid...

ah i forget one .. in sl you got many contacts to people from other countrys and learn some things about other cultures, but what is realy crazy.. i have learn to look too more to my own culture.. while people ask for it..

hmm maybe out of theme, sorry vegro you know my english is not the best, when it was the wrong answere i'm sorry, but i think it's intressting and importent too this to say :)
schen
Administrator

Postby Stormeo » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 16:15

I love you guys :)
Stormeo

Return to Questions